Running can be very exhausting but it can be beneficial to your body and health. But most people doesn’t really understand my reasons. A lot of people ask, “Why are you always running outside when you can have a workout at home?” I have lots of answers to that. For one thing, it have been a great life changer. Here is a list of more reasons why marathon runners like myself always prefer to run.
- Running on a marathon is a great motivator. It challenges me to focus on a goal and that is the finish line. You know that feeling when you start doing something, you will need to be able to finish it. That is what I always believe in. Finish what you have started. This mantra of mine also applies to my running. It’s what keeps me going to finish until the finish line.
- Instead of troubling myself with sweets that causes myself to be overweight, I would prefer to run and avoid becoming depressed over and over again. Running is an anti-stressor. It can keep you from being stressed out as well as making your body fit. If ever I have a stressful day, I just run and when I am done, I could feel that all of the stressful things that I have felt is done. I can still think about it but the stress energy? Nada. Also, whenever I feel like I am gaining weight, running is my solution. I can actually shed pounds in just a round. The more I sweat during running, the more effective it is.
- As mentioned above, I get so motivated to get to the finish line and along with that, I can get a proof of the achievements that I had through the medals that I’ve gain. I do join running competitions and fun run. And when I do win, it is a great achievement.
- Running on a marathon is also a good opportunity for me to meet new friends who have the same goals like mine. Since I love running, running on marathons is always a must. And because I usually join all by myself, I have no friends with me. But I do make new acquaintances and eventually I get to be friends with them.
- Running increases positivity to a person. Running makes me feel alive and happy. It allows me to forget the stress that life has given me plus it has given me so much fun!
No matter what anybody’s reason is, running is a great activity for us to break free from all of the trouble that we got from home, work or even in school. Participating on a long run also gave a good and positive effect to my body, specifically to my bones. Based from what I’ve read from a certain website, running is an exercise that develop lower-body lean muscle mass.
In addition, I can also say that on a marathon, we don’t really have to be fast. Speed doesn’t matter, what is important is the distance that we can handle. But if you really want to have lots of marathon medals on your collection, then you have to start preparing for the next marathon you are about to join today!